Monday, September 19, 2011

Project Response

This project broadened my understanding of design as a whole. I learned from the repeated process of drawing and refining that iteration is key. Looking at an object or a problem from multiple vantage points and approaches can help me as a designer discern better solutions and understandings.
I found the variety of techniques we covered to be helpful but occasionally tedious and lacking purpose. Overall I think I did gain some useful new skillsets pertaining to both drawing and thinking like a designer. The critiques in class were unfortunately a little lacking at times. We never went very in depth but some insightful things were occasionally said. I just hope that the other students open up a bit more and share their thoughts about the works being critiqued.

Using Adobe Illustrator was frustrating but educational. I’m looking forward to becoming more adept at using this software. The posters were a fun activity mostly because I enjoyed seeing what other students were working on.

Although difficult at first I think my final poster ended up being pretty successful. I believe it captures everything about these headphones in a very simplistic but interesting way. I think that the variety of technique and the general layout, scale, and composition helps draw the eye to the important elements. I also believe that the dark textured background helps make everything pop and that it nicely contrasts the white in the upper left hand corner where the photograph is displayed. This separation of photographic reality and the illustrated depictions of the headphones is also a successful effect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment