Friday, September 2, 2011

Design Object Project

 Tonal and negative space drawings:

I thought these two drawings (left) were successful because of their range of values and portrayal of lighting. I also liked how the drawings were kind of opposites. The first focused a lot on darkening the negative space and the second on darkening the positive so having the two opposites next to each other creates an interesting effect.



I liked these graphite drawings (right) because of the angles I chose. I thought they showed a little bit more variety than many of my other drawings and I loved the range of values I was able to get out of my graphite stick and blending tool. You can suggest a lot about an object by using a wide range of value and showing the way the light hits it.






I believe this negative space drawing was successful due to the crisp quality of the micron pen and the high contrast it makes with the paper. I also liked the splatter paint pattern I used to draw in the negative space.


Before this project I had never used a graphite stick or a blending  stump. Now I think I will be using them for some of my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment