Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Project Brief
For this project I was asked to pick a word from the word list and to use typography to illustrate the meaning of this word. We were asked to cut and paste these words to make compositions from paper. After generating some ideas through this process we moved to the computer. Using Illustrator we began generating newer, more refined designs. We were then asked to introduce color and space while continuing to refine and develop our typographical compositions. We then settled on 9 final designs.


Project Reflection
This project was a bit more difficult for me than the previous projects. I am not a big fan of graphic design; it is simply not my forte. Although I was a little frustrated at first this project improved greatly for me after we made the switch to Illustrator.
I like using the computer as a tool and I have improved my Illustrator skills significantly during his project. I used to find this programing extremely frustrating and unyielding, especially during the poster projects. This project has helped me discover new ways of approaching things and cool new tricks and tips that have improved my skill and efficiency.
I liked the straightforward set up for this project. The requirements for each day and for the process notebook were simple and forthright. Although a little confusion surrounded certain numbers some days because of the convoluted nature of the blackboard directions, it went relatively well.
When we introduced color into the designs I struggled a little. I’ve never been great with color, but color theory was interesting and helpful. I had issues incorporating color into my designs but I believe it did end up working out pretty well. 
The mounting process was a little frustrating in the end. The matte board was expensive and hard to cut. The most annoying part was the printing of the nine compositions. The colors and print quality was really nice but the ink scraped off extremely easily and several of my designs were damaged. This was disappointing considering how much it cost to print. 

No comments:

Post a Comment